TEKsystems IT Server Hardware Technician in West Des Moines, Iowa
- Provide hands-on system administration support as part of a team performing system maintenance and operations support of primarily Windows servers, to include services such as WEB, Netbackup Restores, DNS/DHCP, File, virus protection, application installation, and other similar services.
- Provide problem ticket resolution, utilizing a Remedy-based ticketing system.
- Provide general troubleshooting on the Windows systems, maintain data files, and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Perform file and database restores as required.
- Ensure all server documentation is current.
- Coordinate hardware maintenance and repairs with vendors and participate in SIT testing as required, interface with the architecture organization during the discrepancyreporting process, and assist in the overall modernization of the enterprise.
- Participate in analyzing new hardware/software needs and to participate in Client requirements reviews and meetings pertaining to customer issues as required Requirements:
- Experience working with computer hardware for installation and upgrades.
- Experience working with software installation/upgrading procedures.
- Experience working with file and system maintenance procedures
- Thorough file server support and maintenance knowledge.
- Basic understanding of file system directory structures and permissions.
- Understanding of Internet support and security concepts.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
TEKsystems is a equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
- TEKsystems Jobs