Cardinal Health Managed Care Residency in West Des Moines, Iowa
Founded in 1999, OutcomesMTM is the national leader in the design, delivery and administration of Medication TherapyManagement programs.The company’s service line offers healthcare purchasers a cost-effective approach to resolving drug therapy problemswith patient-friendlyPersonal Pharmacist™ services. OutcomesMTM connects Medicare, Medicaid, commercial health plans, employers and other healthcare payors with a national network of 100,000 local chain, independent and health system pharmacy providers.
About the program:
The OutcomesMTM Clinical Services Residency is a post-graduate program offering experience in MTM program administration. The resident will learn how pharmacists can impact the quality and rising cost of healthcare by providing patient-oriented medication therapy management (MTM) services. The position is based in West Des Moines, Iowa with some travel required. Hours are Monday-Friday, 8 AM- 5 PM with occasional evening, early morning and/or weekend hours. Benefits include health insurance, paid time off and professional memberships.
During the one year program, residents will gain experience in the following areas:
- Clinical protocol development
- MTM benefit design
- Quality assurance
- Network contracting
- Network training and support
- Account management
- Data management
- Sales and marketing
- Bachelors degree in pharmacyrequired, Doctorof Pharmacy degree preferred from an ACPE-accredited College of Pharmacy
- 2-4 years related pharmacy experience
- Ability to become licensed pharmacist in state (s) of pharmacy operation
- Eligible for pharmacist licensure in Iowa
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate across all levels of an organization
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work autonomously as well as part of an integrated team
- Start date will be mid June/July 2020
Applications for the 2020-2021 residency year will be accepted until December 31, 2020. Please submit your CV with this application. Please request the application form and submit all other application materials (e.g., completed application, official transcript, and letters of recommendation) to Meron Gartner, PharmD, MBA, Director of Clinical Services | 515.864.7820 | email@example.com
- Curriculum vitae
- Official transcript from College of Pharmacy
- Three letters of reference
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs